Accounts Receivable Officer
- Permanent Part time position
As the Accounts Receivable Officer in the finance team you will be responsible for revenue collection service for Council mainly sundry debtors.
You will also contribute to the organisation’s business improvement program by identifying and implementing customer service and process improvements.
Your role will involve the following however not limited to:
- Timely follow up and reporting on accounts receivable activities
- Pursue aged debtors in accordance with the Council’s Debt Recovery Policy
- Promote, approve and monitor payment arrangements for sundry debtors
- Maintain information regarding debt collection activity on Council’s financial system
- Review and document debt recovery matters with Council’s solicitors and authorise instigation of legal action where necessary in accordance with Council Policy
- Prepare correspondence and reports regarding debt recovery matters including payment arrangements and legal action.
- Where possible telephone customers with payment default prior to commencing legal action.
- Complete monthly debt collection process for outstanding Finance debtors.
- Maintain sundry debtor information including creation of new debtors.
- Produce sundry debtor invoices, credit notes, monthly statements and single statements.
- Allocate receipts and credit notes on a timely basis
- Responsible for monthly sundry debtor reconciliation
- Investigate sundry debtor transactions and reconciliation issues
- Issue reminder and final notices
- Complete month end procedures including trial balance, aged listing and general ledger balancing
- Provide debtor balance analysis and recommend write-offs
- Train other staff to provide relief for the Accounts Receivable role
- Produce and update accounts receivable policies and proceduresKeep a complete audit trail of all transactions and activities.
- Ensure that accuracy, confidentiality and security of data is maintained at all times
To be successful in this role you will have a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, with sound communication negotiation and reporting skills. Your relevant qualification and demonstrated experience in a Finance/ Accounting. Business related field will ensure you excel in your role.
Follow this link to view the full Position Description. All enquiries to Mark Ma on +61 3 5943 4365.
Applications close Tuesday, 13 November 2018 EOD.
To apply please complete the Online Application Form below, you will be required to upload your resume and cover letter and respond to the key selection criteria questions.
Please note the interviews will commence on Wednesday, 21 November 2018.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Check, pre-employment medical and obtain or hold a valid Working With Children Check.
Cardinia Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer who supports inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome applications from people from a diverse background, including but not limited to, those identifying as LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and people with a disability.